Hi Friends … I entered my Same Tree, Different Day project into this competition. I truly believe that what I have to teach people through my experience is extremely valuable to everyone. Please view my video at this link, like it and make a comment. If you’ve seen my presentation, please comment on your feelings about the project and how it helped/inspired you.
It was 2 years ago yesterday that I took the photo that would inspire me to begin my “Same Tree, Different Day” project. What started out as a 365-day exercise in creativity turned into a metaphor for life with many lessons attached. Since the premiere event on Arbor Day of 2016 during which I debuted the slideshow I made with the images from the entire year, I have presented it 6 times, had 3 gallery shows and was nominated for a Pikes Peak Arts Council award for outstanding exhibit. So far for 2017, I am scheduled to present for the Lone Tree Photography Club (1/16), NAMI (2/7), Bear Creek Nature Center (3/1), the Front Range Urban Forestry Council (3/16) and Garden of the Gods (TBD). My prints are currently on display at Cacao Chemistry (109 N. Tejon in Co Springs) through January, and I have exhibits planned at Cherry Creek Library (Feb.), Godec’s Photo Supply (March) and the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region (Apr.-June). I am currently working on putting together a meditation DVD using my slideshow and music created by students from the Colorado Springs Conservatory.
I hope that those who have seen this work and/or my presentation have been inspired in some way. I want to continue to share this experience and its lessons with as many people as possible. If you are a member of an organization that would benefit from my lecture, please contact me to make arrangements to speak at one of your meetings.
I also want to thank those who contributed to my Indiegogo campaign. Without your support, I would not have had the money to print the photos that are now on display.
I have added more dates for showings and presentations!
- High Country Newcomers November 21, 2016 (presentation)
- Featured artist for December at Cacao Chemistry 109 N. Tejon in Colorado Springs. Opening Dec. 2, 2016 from 5-8 pm. (display)
- Local weight-loss group, January 10, 2017 (presentation)
- Front Range Urban Forestry Council, January 19, 2017 (presentation)
- Denver Library District, Cherry Creek Branch, February 1, 2017. Opening reception and presentation from 5-8 pm, month-long display.
- Lone Tree Photography Club, February 20, 2017, 7 pm. (presentation)
- Featured artist for March at Godec’s Photo Supply, 25 S. Sierra Madre in Colorado Springs. Opening reception March 3, 2017. (display)
- Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region. Quarterly art display April-June 2017, opening reception May 5, 2017.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Colorado Springs, February 7, 2017. (presentation)
I found out today that “Same Tree, Different Day” was nominated for a Pikes Peak Arts Council award for Outstanding Exhibition! The awards banquet is Oct. 4th.
This is the poster that I made for the world premiere of my print display on August 12th at 1101 W. Mineral in Littleton, CO. I will be giving my presentation at 7 pm as part of Blissfest333, and the work will hang until October.
I want to let all of you know that I set up a crowdfunding campaign so I can raise money to put “Same Tree, Different Day” into art galleries. I want to bring the photos, lessons and messages of this project to the world. You can also check out a shot documentary on my Indiegogo page.
I was practicing with the Background Eraser in Photoshop and decided to make a logo for this project. I’m not sure which version I like best.